Thursday, February 18, 2016

Week 30: life gets crazier every day and its the best

Well this week was INSANE. like for real, so much went down and it was awesome.
First things first, me and Sister Smith went to the zoo for p day last week and it was sooo fun! We got to see lots of animals and the weather was perfect and it was the best. There were peacocks just walking around the zoo and I was just like what is going on. But it was awesome!
Well we had 2 zone meetings this week for us and then for the sisters so i got to give 2 trainings and that was pretty fun. I learned a lot this week.
And lets see, we went to ihop this week because why not, and this nice man stopped by our table and started talking to us and he was like i'm a bishop on a business trip and i'm paying for you tonight and we were just like *tears. but not actually but really. it was the sweetest thing ever.
Well then, we got a call that some of our sisters we take care of got in a car accident so we had to speed over to the scene and help them, their car was definitely totaled. And then we had to go to the hospital with them and take care of them for like 3 days in the hospital because one of the sisters had to get surgery. it was insane haha but they're both doing good now and all is well. they're such troopers. it was definitely a crazy experience. but hey, life really does get crazier every day and its the best as my subject said.
well i told sister smith all about galentines day (if you don't know what that is, you live a sad life) but anyways, and she was like that's kinda weird and i was like no its not. and she was like whatever haha so then that night, i got out of the shower and she had made me a mosaic of my face! and it was the nicest thing anyone had ever done for me hahah i almost started crying i was so touched. she's literally the best companion ever. i hope y'all got to celebrate galentines day.

Well I had some thoughts this week. I was reading in Matthew 14 and I think its like my favorite chapter ever. So Jesus learns of the death of John the Baptist, His cousin and it says he goes off to the desert to be alone. But of course multitudes follow him. And when Jesus sees them, instead of sending them away which I'm sure a lot of us would have done, the scriptures say that He "was moved with compassion toward them and He healed their sick." Then they stay a while and the disciples say its about time to go and Jesus says, nah, lets feed them so they'll stay. So then he feeds 5000 men PLUS women and children with 5 loaves and 2 fish. I think its so amazing and shows so much of Jesus Christ's character and example. he had many of the same problems as we do but its how he chooses to react to those things is what makes all the difference. His example of turning out and thinking of others in the midst of His struggles is the most amazing thing. I want to be more like Him. He truly is our Savior and Redeemer and i love Him with all my heart.

Have a great week y'all! love you!
Sister Tracy

1. i'm basically a pioneer out here.
2. some flamingos.
3. me and a giraffe.
4. this cool mural tho
5. they just put a torchy's tacos in my area. and it is delicious. it is the only torchy's outside of texas. #soblessed
6. the mosaic pictures! happy galentines day!







No comments:

Post a Comment