Monday, February 22, 2016

Week 31: happy 7 months!

Well today is my 7 month mark I just realized! Well that's crazy. Holy cow it feels like just yesterday my parents were dropping me off at the MTC....where does time go? that's pretty insane.
I'm so blessed to be a missionary! I love each and every day and all the people I get to see and talk to. Thank goodness I still have some time left. But definitely not enough.
This week, well it wasn't super eventful so I really don't have much to say...
We got to go on 2 exchanges this week so that was super fun! I got to sit at home with one of the sisters with the broken arm and then we went with some other sisters and it was fun! Its always a fun opportunity to go out with other sisters and have a good day with them! I love it so much!
Oh man, I ate some ribs this week from this delicious restaurant some members took us to and it was the best day of my life. it took me back to texas and the ribs my mother would make. she's such a good cook, i definitely miss that. but it was the happiest.
We did sooo much finding this week. We tracted and street contacted and went looking for less actives this week so much! It was awesome, we were able to find some new people to start teaching so that was exciting.
And then, we had a really cool experience this week with one of our investigators. We went back and watched the restoration video with her! And people, that is one of the most powerful videos I've ever seen. It truly is such a testimony of Joseph Smith and of his mission and his life and just how much God loves us. You could feel the Spirit in the room so strongly, it was amazing. And afterwards, our investigator just said that she had goosebumps and that she knew it was true. What a simple yet profound testimony.The people we teach always teach me more than I could ever teach them. It was a really amazing experience
This week I was reading in the New Testament and was reading in Mark when the disciples are on the ship with Jesus and the waves come up and the disciples are scared because Jesus is sleeping. I just love Peter who comes and wakes Jesus up and asks, "carest thou not that we perish?" basically, WE'RE GOING TO DIE! and that Jesus just gets up and calms the sea. "Peace, be still." I just love how Jesus can calm the storms of life. What a perfect phrase for us to remember: "Peace, be still." In Psalms 89:10 it says, "when the waves arise, thou stillest them." No matter what, Jesus Christ will do that for us if we will let Him. "Be still and know that I am God."
love y'all!
sister tracy


No comments:

Post a Comment