Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Week 12: 3 months out!

Well well well this is my 3 month mark this week people. How crazy is that??? Time is flying.

This week was super hard but super amazing. I feel like I say that every week, but legit, this week that's true. I learned so much this week and I learned to rely on our oh so loving Heavenly Father!!

well some highlights from this week:
we were visiting a less active lady at a nursing home and we were sitting in the main area and all of the sudden she's like, will you sing me a song? and we were like, um sure? so we sang her I am a Child of God in the middle of the crowded nursing home and it was hilarious haha but whatever makes people happy, right?
And lets see, our investigator, Amanda, the one we found last week because we felt prompted to visit an active member late one night, came to church this week! She told us she was coming to church before we could even invite her to come haha and she's been reading and she's amazing!!
Lets see, we went on exchanges this week and I got to go with Sister Wilcox who was in my zone last transfer and she's the best! We had the best day and she's just the cutest and I love her!
Our investigator, Julie is getting baptized next week and she's just so excited and really super prepared and we're just so stoked for her!!

hilarious moment:
we've been trying interesting finding approaches so the other day, we went up to these people on their front porch and sister york was like, is there a robert here? and they were like who? and she was like robert. and they were like, no....and were so confused and then we got to talk to them a little about the church and I was just trying not to die of laughter haha she made up some random name and it was so so funny hahaha it keeps life entertaining to say the least.

you guys should read the first presidency message from this month's ensign. or check it out on lds.org. but a quote I like from it:
"As long as we continue to rise up and move toward our Savior, we win the race with our torches burning brightly. For the torch is not about us or about what we do. It is about the Savior of the world. And that is a Light that can never be dimmed. It is a Light that swallows the darkness, heals our wounds, and blazes even in the midst of the deepest sorrow and unfathomable darkness. It is a Light that surpasses understanding."
remember that this week!!! and be happy!
much love!!
Sister Tracy

pictures:
1. it keeps raining so we have to use raincoats
2. sister wilcox and me!
3. sister tracy is ready for winter! even though its still 80 degrees out here
4. sister york forgot her nametag on sunday and I had an extra in my bag so we were the 2 sister tracy's for the day hahaha





No comments:

Post a Comment