Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Week 21: crazy crazy life we live

This week has been CRAZY people. Just crazy. My new area is insane. And I love it so much. Things have been so busy and so great. I'm loving it!
This week we had 2 back to back zone meetings because me and sister phenicie cover 2 different zones as sister training leaders. And we had to give trainings at both of them and we had 1 day notice on those so such is the life of a sister training leader! It was really fun though.
We had our mission christmas devotional this week. We started with zone skits and can I just say, ours was definitely the funniest. I was our mission president's wife in our skit and it was great. But it was AWESOME because the speaker at the devotional was Brother paul anderson, the founder of the PIANO GUYS. He makes all the videos and is in some of their videos and he talked to us and showed us some of their awesome new videos and it was literally the coolest thing ever. He was really cool and shared with us things that the piano guys do to be successful and it was so super awesome.
We have this awesome investigator named ron and he came to church yesterday and we got him on baptismal date yesterday! So we're so excited for him! He's so awesome and he just has such a light, and the gospel will bless him soo much so we're really happy. That's definitely my favorite part of missionary work is seeing the light of the gospel and the light of Christ enter peoples' lives.
funny moment of the week:
we were driving down the road like normal in the middle of this super busy area during rush hour and we look over at the other lane and there's a car and we're like what the heck is wrong with this car? and we realize its driving down the road on the right side but in reverse. like going the normal speed but backwards and he's like swerving everywhere and we just died laughing. the things you see here. i laughed for a solid 20 minutes about that one.
spiritual moment of the week:
one of the trainings I gave at a zone meeting was based on a talk by president thomas s monson, "finishers wanted" and it was so good! one thing that stuck out to me was a verse in John 18:37-
"To this end was I born and for this cause came I into the world that I should bear witness unto the truth."
And I thought a lot about that! About how Jesus christ was born so that He could die. He was born so that He could save us from our sorrows and sadness and so that we could be forgiven of our sins and live again! How grateful am I for a Savior who was born so we could live. And our mission motto is "make it personal" so of course, the best thing to do is to ask yourself and to ask God, "to what end was I born?" and then strive each and every day to fulfill His purpose and become what HE wants you to become and I can promise you that He will bless you for it!
have a great week, I have so much love for each of you!
Sister tracy




No comments:

Post a Comment