Monday, December 28, 2015

Week 23: it twas a very merry christmas

Well I hope y'all had a very merry christmas! I loved the chance to reflect on the Savior and think about how much meaning He has for me in my life! I hope you all had the chance to do that as well.
This week was so great!! We went Christmas caroling as a zone at this huge outdoor mall and it was so fun! We got to hand out so many #ASaviorIsBorn cards and we had so much fun singing! Except the fact that its been like 15 degrees every day and I'm dying. But that's okay!
We went on our first exchange with one set of our sisters, one of our duties as STLs and it was good! we went with some spanish hermanas so it was really fun and a good experience!
We went to a district meeting for those same hermanas this week and we acted out the nativity scene and it was the greatest thing of ever. check out my outfit in the picture, its on point.
We had a white Christmas! It snowed all day and it was awesome! We had a really good christmas! I loved skyping my family so much, they're the cutest and I love them so much! It was a great experience for all of us! And then we got to eat lots of delicious food which is always the best.
One cool thing from this week is we were trying to find things to do on christmas eve and we decided to go see a less active and she was just so happy to see us! I wasn't sure why we were going to see her but we just felt like we should and when we got to her apartment, she was like, I was praying you would come today! And then we did! And it just made me the happiest! I love making people happy.
I read a talk this week by brad wilcox called "His Grace is Sufficient" and this part stuck out to me:
"God’s grace is sufficient. Jesus’s grace is sufficient. It is enough. It is all we need. Don’t quit. Keep trying. Don’t look for escapes and excuses. Look for the Lord and His perfect strength. Don’t search for someone to blame. Search for someone to help you. Seek Christ, and, as you do, you will feel the enabling power and divine help we call His amazing grace."
Remember that this week! That His grace is sufficient to help us and enable us to do all things!
Happy new year, its a great chance to reflect on the past year and see what we want to improve ourselves on and how we can come even closer to Christ this year!
much love!
Sister Tracy





No comments:

Post a Comment