Monday, December 28, 2015

Week 22: SNOW IS A REAL THING PEOPLE

Well it snowed so much this week! Like 8 inches or something. I'm not actually sure. but it was seriously A TON. I can't believe how much it snowed. and I had to drive in it! Lets just say, driving in the snow takes some getting used to and I'm not too good at it yet...but I haven't hit anything yet #blessed #knockonwood
Everything is covered in ice now and one could say that i'm a pro at slipping on ice haah I totally biffed it the other day in front of a bunch of other missionaries and it was pretty embarrassing but I lived to tell the tale. And lets see, I got sick this week so that was no fun :( we had to stay in some and I HATE THAT. I hate things that take away from missionary work. its the worst. but i'm doing better now which is a blessing!!
This week, we went Christmas caroling with our ward at this ridiculously huge and busy outdoor mall and it was sooo fun! Lots of people stopped to listen to us and took videos of us and I felt pretty famous hahaah people I crack myself up.
Anyways, we got to be mothers for a day!! A sweet sister named Sister Garner came with us this week! She's supposed to be going to a different mission and she and a bunch of other missionaries were flying to their mission but they got stranded in denver on the way because of all the snow! it was crazy! they left on monday but didn't make it to their mission til thursday! so on wednesday, they sent all the missionaries out with missionaries in our mission so we got cute sister garner! we had so much fun with her! hopefully she wasn't too scared to have her first day in the mission field be with these 2 crazy missionaries haah but we had a really good day.
oh we also had our ward christmas party and we had so many less actives and nonmembers come! and we had our ward christmas program in sacrament meeting and we had a former investigator come who said she wasn't really interested but then she came to church and we were like WHAT and we were so happy! it was awesome.
but I'm excited this week is christmas! I'm looking forward to skyping my family and spending time with members! Its so great to get this chance to really reflect on our Savior and remember how much He truly has done for us. I testify that He was born and that because He was born we can live more fully! I know that our Savior loves each and every one of us and that because of that, we need never feel alone or afraid. He is the light and the life of the world, the prince of peace, our everything.
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." -Isaiah 9:6
Remember Him, remember why we celebrate Christmas.
merry christmas!
I love you all!
Sister Tracy





No comments:

Post a Comment