Monday, January 25, 2016

Week 27: when the flu hits sister tracy

Well, I got the flu this week. It's been pretty terrible. So we've just been inside for like 2 straight days now and probably will be for another 1-2. It's been pretty fun. Just kidding, its been terrible. I hate not being able to do missionary work. I was joking earlier this week that I was so tired that I just wanted to sleep for days, and I guess I got my wish....I've slept so much the last couple days haha but hopefully it all ends soon so I can go back to being a regular missionary again who doesn't sleep for days haha
But this week was so sad with dropping Sister Phenicie off at the mission home so she could go home :( it was so sad but she's doing well.
We had a worldwide missionary training broadcast from salt lake this week and it was amazing! It talked all about the doctrine of Christ and how we can use it more in our missionary work. How the doctrine of Christ is everything and we can never go wrong when we talk about that.
my new companion, sister smith is awesome! she's taken good care of me as i've been sick and she's been super awesome! so i'm excited for when we can actually go out and do some real missionary work.
miracle of the week:
we haven't had much luck with just going through the ward list recently because its huge and everyone either has moved or they're not interested. but this week, me and sister smith decided to try this one guy who I kept flipping to in the ward directory and he let us right in and he let us teach him and then we started talking to his niece who isn't a member and asked her if she wanted to learn more and she said yes! so we're going to start teaching both of them and we were so happy. i literally walked out of his house and started skipping around and freaking out. it was awesome.
funny moment:
we were going to sleep one night and we hear this weird noise at like 11:00 pm and we were like what the heck is that noise? so we look out our window, and there's a man sitting at the bus stop outside our window and he's just jamming out on his plastic recorder. like he was into that music man. like body swaying and everything. we laughed for like 10 minutes.
anyways, things here are awesome, besides the fact I'm sick, but that's okay. Other than that, its been awesome!
Have a great week, love you all!
Sister Tracy
ps sorry i have like no pictures this week...


No comments:

Post a Comment