Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Week 24: happy new year?

Well this week was CRAZY. but honestly, when is life not crazy?
Happy new year to all of you! I can't comprehend that its 2016...time has no meaning to me on a mission. So I guess that happened.
Well we got the biggest pizza in the world this week from a member. it was only 26 inches and it was so delicious.
Then we had MLCs this week to decide on our baptismal goal for 2016 for the mission. It was a really cool experience to feel of the Spirit guiding us in our decision for what we will do! We made a goal of 501 baptisms for the year of 2016 so I can't wait to see how that goes!
We had a mission wide meeting to announce the new goal and it was awesome!
Sister Mendenhall, our mission president's wife came down and spent the day with us and went to appointments with us and it was so fun! We went out to lunch and I spilled my entire bowl of soup into my lap and it was pretty embarrassing. not much has changed, lets be real.
And lets see, we've been singing more miracles every day! There was a while in there that I felt like I wasn't seeing miracles or God's hand as much as I have in the past but I realized that it was because I wasn't looking. They're always there!
That reminds me of quote by Elder David A Bednar,
"We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord’s tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live. When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance."
His hand is always there. I promise you that if you'll open your eyes to the goodness of God, you'll see it! That's my goal for this year, is to see His hand more because we're so #blessed
have a great week, love you all!
Sister Tracy





No comments:

Post a Comment