Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Week 7: last week of the transfer!

What is up everyone? I feel like I always start my emails the same but get over it. I don't have much time to think and be creative. I hope you guys are having the best week of your lives! Also, sorry, yesterday was labor day so the library was closed so we email today!

Well things are the best, as per usual. Not too much exciting this week. 
I went on exchanges in a spanish area again and that was fun! I actually said some spanish of my own free will without any help and even prayed in spanish so basically I'm a professional. sike, I'm glad I'm in english haha but we found this huge wooden winney the pooh statue in someone's front yard so obviously we took a picture
We had zone p day last monday and that was SO FUN. We went bowling and it was seriously so great! We did lots of fun things and it was so great! And then we played some chair soccer in the church so that was awesome and I have a pretty great zone!
And lets see, we also had another zone p day with another zone yesterday because hermana king is over 2 zones so we are technically part of both. We went and played baseball but with a tennis racket and tennis balls and had a BBQ but it started raining like crazy and pouring in the middle of it but we kept playing and stuck it out because that's the kind of missionaries we are haha but it was super fun and I was so glad that I was wearing a white shirt #blessed
And I got to go to MLCs this week which is mission leadership conference so its the president and his wife and the assistants to the president and then the zone leaders and the sister training leaders. they invited me to go as hermana king's companion and it was pretty cool to see how it all works! we got to have counsels and learn how to be better leaders and what not so that was super cool! And then at one point, they started calling on people to bear testimonies and of course, they asked me to and I was TERRIFIED in front of all these old missionaries but the Spirit took over and I could really feel the Spirit so strongly so that was pretty awesome. The Spirit is the true teacher, lets be real. 

Anyways, I've been reading on the Atonement this week, and holy cow, it is amazing. I found this quote that I just love:
"Every challenge you face, every hard thing you confront, every bad thing that happens to you, every unfairness, every sadness, tragedy, every disappointment and heartache, every temptation and every opposition happens for one purpose only: to give you opportunity to respond by applying in your life the teachings of Jesus. As you do so, you are changed to become more like Him."
So the true question is: how are you going to respond?

ps, I also got a nice picture of me preaching to the squirrels this week hahahahaha I had to take that one guy's advice.

I love you all!

Sister Tracy

also there's a picture of my zone with elder zwick from last week!





No comments:

Post a Comment