Monday, August 31, 2015

Week 6: general authorities and a baptism #blessed

HELLO TO EVERYONE! I can't believe everyone has basically started school again! That's CRAZY. It's hard to believe that there is actually a regular life going on outside of this haha but I hope everyone is doing so super amazing in school! Keep at it.

Well this week was great! We definitely had some struggles and some really hard times but we also saw so many miracles and I really felt my testimony strengthened so much. Well for one, we had a general authority come to our mission!!! His name is Elder Zwick and he's a member of the 70. Go read his talk, "The Lord thy God Will Hold thy Hand" because it is the best. Anyways, he was literally the best and I learned so so much and he really strengthened my testimony and gave me a new resolve to work harder and be better. This quote was the best from his 5 year old grandkid: "if you stay close to Jesus, Jesus will stay close to you." it's like boom yeah that's right. Everyone remember that. And Elder Zwick talked about establishing a sure foundation, one built on Christ (helaman 5:12-SCRIPTURE MASTERY) and that we can't get complacent, we have to keep moving forward and getting better and trying to get better! How awesome is that??
In other news, I went on exchanges in a spanish area and that was interesting hahah those 2 years of spanish in high school paid off because I could at least understand what they were saying but in no way could I actually speak a word of it so I just sat there like a white girl all day hahha it was hilarious but a really great learning experience and its cool because I could still feel the Spirit really strongly even though I had no idea what was going on haha I feel for all you missionaries speaking another language
Also, WE HAD ANOTHER BAPTISM! #BLESSED His name is John and he's literally the cutest old man. I love him so much. It was such a spiritual baptism and he's just the best. I know he'll be such a great addition to this ward and the church! And our recent convert Felicia who was baptized 3 weeks ago gave a killer talk at the baptism and I was just like #crying basically because I was so happy for how much the gospel has blessed her life, even in the past 3 weeks!! enjoy the awkward picture of us since we can't actually stand close to him because you know, rules and all.
Also, Felicia our recent convert cut our hair, so enjoy a picture of me and hermana king post hair cut looking presh as per usual.
Y'all, God knows your name! He knows what you're going through and everything you need help with and He will be there for you! That's something I for sure learned this week so just remember that and remember to have a 24 hour smile! Love you all!

Sister Tracy
~~~~~~~~~
Allison references a talk by W. Craig Zwick.  If you would like to read it, it can be found here:   https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2003/10/the-lord-thy-god-will-hold-thy-hand?lang=eng




No comments:

Post a Comment