Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Week 54: still blessed

I don't really have anything to say this week....
we went on exchanges twice and that was super fun! I love the sisters so much.
And ummmm yeah. that's pretty much it.
We did lots of finding and talking to people.
one cool story from this week:
We finally got in with an investigator we've been trying to get in with for weeks! In the past, she's said that she likes our teachings but that she would need a "neon sign" from God to join the church. So she said that she was talking to her dad the other day who is a pastor for another church and she decided to pull out the Book of Mormon to see how he would react. Obviously, he wasn't super happy to see it and tried to start contradicting it. But she said that she would just flip open the book to a random page and point at a verse and it would answer his contradiction in favor of the Book of Mormon. She said it happened time and time again until she finally left her dad's house that night. She said that she thought about it all night, and couldn't sleep that night. It was really neat to hear her talk about the power of the Book of Mormon, even though she doesn't know its true yet. So we're excited to go back and talk to her again and help her realize that that was probably the sign she has been looking for. #blessed it was a really neat experience.
We also were able to get in with lots of people this week that we normally don't. And we figured out that service is the way to peoples' hearts. We're digging a hole in some random guy's backyard this week and we're pretty stoked.
I've been flying through the gospels in the New Testament these last couple weeks and can I just say that I LOVE JESUS oh man. Like for real, He is so amazing. I love learning about Him and learning of His amazing example. He truly never forgets about us. One story that has always touched my heart since the first time I heard it when I was little was the story of Zacchaeus in Luke. He wants to see the Savior so badly but he can't see because there are too many people! So he climbs into a tree and Jesus Christ sees him and calls him down and spends time with him. It has always touched me how aware Christ is of all of us, no matter where we are! It is amazing to me.
That's about all I have to say this week! Hope y'all have a great week!
Love y'all!
Sister Tracy






No comments:

Post a Comment