Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 5: can't stop laughing or teaching

Hello everyone!! I hope you guys are doing well and that school and everything is going great!!!

Happy monday!! this week has been the greatest! I know I always say that, but this was definitely the best week of my mission thus far!! I had so many good times, saw so many miracles, and learned so so much. I've never worked harder or had more faith. I'm a totally different missionary this week than I was a week ago and its so much for the better!

A couple highlights!
1. We got to go to the temple! We go once a month and we got to go this week! It was the greatest and I could really feel the Spirit and I feel like I had so much more of a different and more meaningful and spiritual experience this time! It truly is the house of the Lord and it brings me so much strength.
2. We got to do service at a food bank! It was really really fun and I loved it! Service is the best.
3. We got 2 new investigators this week!! It was really amazing! Hermana King made me talk at one of the doors and then she let us in and we taught the whole restoration and we're going back next week! It was such a miracle!
4. I went on 3 exchanges this week! I feel like I'm never home haha I'm always in other peoples areas but its okay because I get the chance to learn so much from other people and how they teach and to get to know other people and their areas! I've been so blessed this week!
5. Our investigator, John passed his baptismal interview so he's going to be baptized this saturday!!! We're so excited for him and he is such a great example to me. that's the picture where we're doing the peace sign but it's actually an number 2 for baptism number 2!
6. We worked so so hard this week. We planned really effectively and we worked so hard and prayed so much for chances to teach this week! And it paid off! As we put our faith in God and really gave it our all, our teaching almost doubled and we saw so much success! And it was all thanks to Heavenly Father providing us with those opportunities. It was so amazing! Obedience and giving your all to God really really pays off. It was so great and God is so great!

OKAY PEOPLE THE FUNNIEST THING EVER HAPPENED THIS WEEK.
So we went to a member's house for dinner and after dinner we shared a message about missionary work because hello, we're missionaries. So then I was like what does missionary work mean to you? and he was like well you know it means to me that you share the gospel with everyone! And that I also believe that like in the book of Mark, it says the gospel should be preached to every creature. So he proceeds to tell us that a squirrel came onto the front porch so he started preaching the gospel to it and then it jumped into his hands and he let it come live with him. And he read the Book of Mormon to it and it would listen. And then it lived with him for 6 months. He told us he would show us pictures next time, so I'm really looking forward to that. It took everything for me not to bust out laughing in the middle of the lesson. But I mean, hey, we should strive to be good missionaries I suppose! It was just very amusing.

okay so some spiritual thoughts so you can be enriched by these lovely emails.
I was reading about charity this week! Go read 1 Corinthians 13. It's so good. this quote from true to the faith is so great: "In your relationships with others, look to the Savior as your example. Strive to love as He loves, with unfailing tender compassion, patience, and mercy." Charity is the pure love of Christ and it never faileth. so my challenge for you guys this week is to try to develop more charity! Allow the pure love of Christ to influence your life and others' lives!

love you all!!

Sister Tracy






No comments:

Post a Comment