Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 41: snow storms and dirt roads

Well this week was wonderful!!! It snowed a TON again, for like 3 days straight. That's always fun. Just when you think its spring and its 70 degrees, it suddenly starts snowing and is 20 degrees. #Colorado seriously the weather is crazy here.
We moved houses this week into a new member's home and that was fun! The members we live with are the SWEETEST and the absolute best. We live even further in the country and we live on this crazy dirt road and can I just say that snow and dirt roads do not combine well together. Its crazy but so fun haha our car just gets disgusting every day haha its hilarious.
We picked up a ton of new investigators this week, including some part member families which was awesome. I love part member families, they have such a special place in my heart. So we'll see how that goes.
the snow storm this week was so fun. I'm getting more used to the snow, although I sincerely hope this is the last snow storm before summer.
Also it was Sister Kastner's birthday this week and that was so fun! I love her so much, she is so amazing!!!
Cool experience this week:
One of our appointments cancelled on us so we just started walking down the street and then we ran into this sweet lady we found street contacting the other day. We weren't sure how interested she was but we ran into her and started talking with her. She was getting ready to go and so we just shared a scripture with her really fast as she was leaving. It was 2 Nephi 32:3:
"Angels‍ speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast‍ upon the words‍ of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell‍ you all things what ye should do."
and when we read it, she said that she got goosebumps and not because of the cold! because it was like 28 degrees haha but then we're just talking and she starts crying and is just like I'm so grateful I ran into you and I'd love to talk to you again! so we'll see her again this week! It was so amazing to know that everything truly does happen for a reason and God has His timing and it truly is perfect. #blessed
I was reading a talk this week by Stephen E Robinson about the Atonement and this part I love:
"To have faith in Jesus Christ and his identity is only half the process. To have faith in his ability, in his power to cleanse and to save, that is the other half. We must not only believe in Christ, we must believe Christ when he says, 'I can cleanse you and make you celestial.'"
What a beautiful reminder that Christ truly is everything.
I sure do love y'all! Have a great week!
sister tracy





No comments:

Post a Comment